Friday, May 23, 2008

FIRST FEELS SOOOO GOOD!!!!



Today was the Wildcat Run at Baileys' school and I haven't stop smiling since!!! Bailey has been practicing running a mile at night and doing pretty good.... SO I started the run with her and I had Cannon in the baby jogger. We have encouraged her a lot not to give up even if she's tired. SO I saw my friend Amy on the side and dumped the baby jogger and Cannon with her and told Bai I would catch back up, it was slowing me down. Well I booked it to where Bailey was and the kids had seperated by now. She was in the lead of the girls and only 2 boys were in front of her.. When I saw her I was overwhelmed !!! SO I caught up and her and I started picking up the pace.. SHe was exhausted and her side hurt.. I kept telling her pain was weakness leaving her body ( I know I should've been a marine)... We came around the last corner and she said she couldn't make it, just then she caught a glimpse of her dad's jeep , she looked at me and said "is he here mom?" I said he's probably waiting for you at the finish line, she started to cry and started running harder!!! She then saw him and we all went to the end together !!! Bailey was the first girl to finish and she was number 4!!!! I am always proud of her but today was even more proud!! Her little friend Zoe sprinted at the end and the two of them claimed a tie!!! What a great day -plus plus!!!

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

What is with the plus plus? Anyhoo, that is so cute that she cried when she saw Chris.